Origin and Principles
A team of about 20 PUMA employees founded Charity Cat in early 2004. Since then also external members joined the organization. All team members are volunteers and donate their free time for different charitable projects.
With the help of PUMA we have the possibility to use PUMA’s infrastructure and other internal opportunities.
The principles, which our help is based on, are:
- Donations are only made to institutions that have a well founded need, after we determine the individual requirements on site
- We don’t want to restrict our aid to money donations only, but also want to include drives for and donations of clothes, toys etc.
- The intended use of donations is ensured
- Donors are informed about the progress of the projects, so they can experience the activities and the success
- Our efforts are deliberately not used for advertising purposes
So far Charity Cat’s funds are a combination of private and commercial donations of money and products.